To bail or not to bail

To bail or not to bail
Tube+220lbs+15ft of air=big splash!!!!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

white lies

Now before I start today, I want to make something clear. I am not a pessimist or a scarred individual. I am generally happy and fun-loving. Right now though, I have a lot to deal with in my life, and sharing helps me to deal. Even if no one is reading it. So let's go.
"Little White Lies"
I'm having a hard time understanding this concept. In my opinion, a lie is a lie. worked for people a hundred years ago, why not now. So what's your excuse? "I want to spare their feelings" is a crock. You just don't want to be the one to deal with the fallout when someone else tells them the truth. You didn't say it, not your fault. Pass the blame. CHICKEN!!! If they can't take the truth from you, a friend, spouse, or family member, what hope do they have of taking it from a stranger. Next excuse: "white lies don't hurt anyone" Again, the problem is with the blissfully stupid. lies of any kind, white or not, lead to more lies. We are creatures of habit, and everything we do, good or bad, can become commonplace. Small lies turn into big lies before you know it, and when you realize where you are, it's most often too late. Which brings me to an issue of mine. Relationships. Everyone says when you're in a relationship, white lies are o.k. Give your head a shake!! I believe there are two types of relationships: White lies and real ones. If, in your relationship, you have been asked, "do these jeans make me look fat?" "Have I gained weight?", "do I satisfy you in bed?" and so on, then you are at the defining moment of your union. How you think may change your life. Let me explain. If you think your answers are little white lies, just to make your other happy or feel better, watch out. You are in the lie zone. Now the lies have become normal, and the door is opened, just a crack, for more devastating falsehoods. Tread carefully. The other way of thinking is, to me, the telltale sign of true happiness. If you are asked those questions and you answer is both flattering and honest, you are a true partner. When true love finds two people, You do not look at the other and pick out the faults. You love them for everything, body, mind, soul, heart, and even the stray hair or mishappen toe. They capture your heart with their complete being, not a combination of good pieces. And you cannot love someone "in spite" of their flaws. Flaws do not exist. Your heart doesn't yearn for someone "except when they snore" or "when they're not drinking from the carton". Again, I do lay some blame for white lies at the doorstep of society in general. If you don't agree, answer me this. Why is it o.k. to lie, but not to be known as a liar? They are one and the same. You cannot save someone from heartache or grief by misleading them.
One final thought: If you use little white lies with those around you, how do you know they aren't lying to you as well? And to what degree? Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment